Saturday, March 10, 2007

Oh what a feeling

Wasn't that a song in the 70s? Hmmm.

Anyway, the spot between my chin and my bottom lip is regaining feeling today. It hurts! My stitches down there ache too. A piece of my stitch fell off already, by the way. Ew. My face wakes up more everyday. My only numb spots are the left side of my chin and my left nostril.

I'm not feeling sick anymore. No idea what's going on there.

Right now I feel as close to full as I have in 9 days. My loving husband cooked me up some mashed potato with garlic, some broccoli, and baked chicken breast, and blended it with chicken stock. YUMMY. I ate (syringed though a gap in my teeth) a whole bowl of it. I keep blowing out syringes. They break from the pressure and fall into my bowl of goop and make a mess. I've found the ones with less of a rubber/plastic seal work better. Luckily I have a few from past child antibiotic rounds. I'm getting "syringe" finger. Seriously, I've got a callous on my thumb.

I'll celebrate the day I can sit down at the table without my freaking syringe and a freaking hand mirror.

1 Comments:

At 4:12 AM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

Oh, the sitting without a mirror thing is SO nice. I only struggle with getting my mouth open wide enough for certain foods, but it is nice to not have to use a syringe. AND to be able to swallow medications in TABLET form. Yay! Liquids are nasty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home