Monday, March 05, 2007

Day 2



I slept a lot that day. And drank lots of water and juice. Used my humidifier mask and ice packs a lot too. I was horribly congested in my sinus area and I had a headache. Dr. C came to see me and told me everything went well. By this day I was starting to feel really gross and stinky. I still had bloody vomit in my hair, even though the nurses had tried to clean me. I felt the worst in the afternoon, and had a 3 hour nap. I think that was about when they gave me my first Tylenol with codeine. My hubby took some pictures. When I saw the profile one, something unexpected happened. I FREAKED OUT. Started saying "Oh my God", "Is that really me?" and bawling. Even through the swelling I could tell I had a profile and a CHIN! A chin!!!! After I calmed down I wrote some letters to my kids and my mom, then went back to sleep.

My IV came out at around 4pm. I was free!

I still needed my humidifier mask a lot. By evening I felt good enough to get up and around a little, and read some chapters in my book. I had a good night that night.

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger J said...

This pic really has me dumbfounded. 2 days post-surgery?? How on earth???

You look about 12 years old here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home