Saturday, March 10, 2007

A little sick

What I thought was the normal gunkiness from surgery has turned into sicky gunkiness. I can tell the difference. I have a good old fashioned virus or something. My ears feel plugged, my nose is running, my throat feels inflamed, I have a cough that is producing some phlegm (sorry), and a very, very low-grade temp (99.6 last time I checked). I don't feel bad, just a little yucky. Don't worry, I WILL get my butt to the doctor if it even gets a little bit worse. Pneumonia wouldn't be fun at this point. I can just imagine that scene at the walk-in clinic, with hubby translating for me and the doctor realizing that no, he can't even check my throat because I can't open my mouth. Hehe. My husband is sick too. What a pair we are.

Other than that, I'm doing well. I took one of my bedtime pillows away so I am now laying (lying?) flatter. It's nice. Might have to go back to three pillows now that I'm sick though.

This morning for breakfast I had scrambled eggs and toast blended with milk. Um...yeah. Not that great, but it filled me up a little.

My favorite blended shake so far? This:

Chocolate Carnation Instant Breakfast
2 tbsp smooth Jif peanut butter
2 tbsp vanilla yogurt
1 cup whole milk

Oh. My. God. Yum.

My second fave:

Strawberry Carnation Instant Breakfast
1 banana
2 tbsp raspberry yogurt
squirt of honey
1 cup whole milk

Yum again.

This week, hubby is making me some Italian vegetable soup. I'm dying for flavor. Can't wait.

No pictures today. I'm going to stop doing the dailies and start posting them every few days so the difference will be more dramatic. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home