Monday, March 05, 2007

Day 4



I'm bruised up a little today. The left side of my face is more swollen than the right. My upper lip swelled up. Feeling MUCH better today. Didn't need any pain med when I woke up. Congestion is a lot better, but not without some really disgusting, gross, uh...nose-picking by me (sorry, it had to be done, you just wouldn't believe what was in there). Nose was running really badly and I tried so hard not to sneeze. I have to spit up excess saliva a lot.

I brushed my teeth with my baby toothbrush this morning. Very carefully. Didn't do much, my teeth still feel wretched. I love my minty Peridex rinse.

Got a shower this morning, which felt good. I don't have to use my ice much anymore, just when my face feels hot. Too much information again, but I'm VERY gassy. Ugh. Had more Carnation Instant Breakfast and tomato soup, my favorites. Hubby made me some apple juice/apple sauce drink. Yummy. They keep making good-smelling stuff like popcorn though, which makes me drool. ARGGH!!!!! I'm sick of liquid food already and it's only day 4.

Took 10ml (half dose) of Tylenol at 11am and slept 2 hours. Nice.

Okay, I am all caught up now! Yay!

6 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hiya Rebecca! You look great for all you went through. Are there before pics someplace? Keep resting and healing up. :)

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

A Lefort 3?!?!?!?! Wow.

You look gorgeous. I'm so impressed at your lack of swelling! I mean I see some, but not that much, and the difference between days 3 and 4 is already dramatic!

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You really do look great, Rebecca! I can't wait to hear what you think when you are all healed up. You are such a tough cookie for going through this - I'd be too chicken to do it.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Hey Rebecca, wow, if I didn't know you just jaw had surgery, I would never have guessed -- you look great! Your posts reminded me of my surgery, especially the throwing up blood, it was so awful but felt so much better once it came up. Looks like you are already well on your way to recovery. Congratulations, Mary

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Rebecca,
You look awesome and I agree with Steph your swelling is so minimal. As for the Lefort 3, I'm sure it was a three piece Lefort 1. A true Lefort 3 is very rare and would involve cutting your skull literally in half at the eye sockets. No oral surgeon would be doing this! LOL...

Anyway....glad you made it to the other side!

Brandy

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger J said...

Look at you! I was expecting Hanibal Lector, and you're just all cute and pixie faced and perky. You do NOT look like you just had face surgery.
I love how you've said you appreciate having been through this more than if you had been born with a perfect jaw. That says a lot about you. I'm so happy for you! You look amazing, and your profile is beautiful!
Now....let's all keep our eyes open for good liquid recipes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home