Monday, March 05, 2007

Day 3



Still not feeling so great. Sinus congestion is HORRIBLE. I asked for the trusty Tylenol a lot. The nurses think I can be released today but I have to see the doctor first of course.

I did manage to get a shower, which was awesome. I felt so grungy.

Lunch was Carnation Istant Breakfast (strawberry) and tomato soup and it was GOOD. I'm not wired shut, just banded, and while I can't chew, I can drink from a cup and my lips are not numb. My teeth feel severely clenched all the time, though I can open them about a milimeter.

I see Dr. C's assosiate, Dr. S, another oral surgeon, and he says I can go. After lunch I am free!

The fresh air felt good outside. People stared at me but I didn't care. I felt proud of my swelling. I'd been through one hell of a lot.

At home I got another bath to wash off the hospital germs, then crawled into bed with my bedside pharmacy. My kids came in to see me. They both acted a little shy, especially my 5 year old son. My 9 year old daughter coped by drawing funny portraits of me and my blowfish face.

I took some pain meds and had a little rest. The sinus and nasal congestion were still unberable at this point. I was taking Afrin twice a day, and Nasonex once, which helped. I went downstairs to the computer and almost passed out going back up. I couldn't get in enough air.

I watched The Amazing race, Desperate Housewives and took some more Tylenol before bed. I also had to eat (drink), rinse with my Peridex, Afrin my nose, wash up, put some lip stuff on, pee, and get my ice packs ready. It took me about 45 mins just to get ready for bed. I had a good night though. Slept on and off, had weird dreams, but wasn't in much pain.

THANK THE GODS for my Vicks humidifer. That thing ROCKS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home