Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Day 5



Brandy, you're right...I had a 3 piece Lefort 1. I keep thinking that a three piece means a Lefort 3. Makes too much sense. LOL

Anyway, today, I have the Green Neck. Yay! And the swelling is going down. Check out my eyes. I did not sleep well last night. Then there's the fact that my face is crooked. I hope that works itself out. In fact, today I'm feeling yucky. (Get ready for the complaining now).

I have a lot of pressure on my upper jaw and nose, I'm getting shooting pains, I'm gassy, I'm starving, my muscles and nerves are jumping, my teeth feel like crap, my mouth tastes like crap, and my braces are digging into my lip.

These are the things I am sick of:

1. Carnation Instant Breakfast
2. Juice
3. Soup
4. Spitting
5. Not being able to talk
6. Not being able to clean my house
7. Being fidgety and not being able to concentrate
8. Gas pains
9. Not being able to kiss my kids
10. Looking like this
11. Not being able to open my teeth
12. My 45 min bedtime routine
13. Cherry Tylenol
14. Not being able to laugh (I did that last night and it hurt!)
15. Feeling like a big ole burden lump

Under my chin swelling (recovery from the genio has been a BREEZE, by the way, compared to the upper jaw recovery) I can feel my new chin there. It's so weird to have an actual chin there!

I can see my gums and they are whitish (and numb). Is this normal? White gums?

Oh and I got the "rice in a sock" idea from Steph's blog and that works great and feels so nice!


Okay, I'm done now. Needed to get all that complaining out. UGH! I'd scream if I could open my mouth.

7 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Rebecca,
I know you are feeling frustrated with the way things are right now, but you are looking amazing! LOL...

My "rice socks" are becoming very popular, I think maybe I should market them! I found them to be very helpful when I had my SARPE. Seemed heat worked the best for calming some of the achiness, I swear I practically had those things attached to my face for a few weeks.

Why are you so gassy? You know apple juice is really bad for creating gas. Perhaps that is what is causing it? I would try elimating that and see if that helps. I know that no one in our house can drink the stuff without being just miserable. We all like it, but don't like what it does to us.

How long til you get your bands reduced or removed? Also, do you have a splint? Sorry to ask so many questions. Glad to hear your genio has gone smoothly though and that you already have feeling in your chin, that is AWESOME! As for the white gums, yeah I would say that is probably normal. The blood supply has to rebuild, it comes first, then the bone, then the nerve regeneration. So right now, blood flow to those areas are probably somewhat reduced or restricted. It will get better! I think you will be amazed at how much better you will feel by about week 3. The first week is the worst.....

Do your best to stay comfortable, and know that we are thinking of you!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

The rice socks were your idea, Brandy? Great idea! Yes, market them, LOL

I don't know why I am grassy. Probably from hunger pangs, too much juice, and the iron in my meal supplement drinks.

I have these tight bands for 2 weeks, then I go back to get looser ones. Then I should be able to open my teeth a little and eat mushy foods. Pasta maybe. Mmm mmm. I never had a splint. My teeth are banded together so tightly, NOTHING is going between them. It sucks.

I have tons of feeling in my face, which delights me. I can feel my lips, they are tingly. :)

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I still can't get over how amazing you look Rebecca! I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky today. I hope the time passes quickly for you. {{{HUG}}}

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Yes the rice socks were my idea! I had this little tiny fabric type bag that was the size of about a sock that I originally filled with rice and heated to use on my face. I loved it because it molds to your face and just felt so good. Socks are a good alternative, however, I do prefer the one I use as its bigger and I can get it over both cheeks at the same time. The socks are really managable, and so cheap!

Well 2 weeks is coming soon! Things will be so much better when you can eat something besides puree! Hang in there!

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

Socks were indeed Brandy's AWESOME idea.
I can't get over how great you look, Rebecca!
And, I must say that it's pretty funny to read your experiences--they're just exactly what I went through.
Ahhhhh...nostalgia.
But I tell you, this is just like having a baby. The first couple of weeks you think, "No WAY would I ever do that again." Then time fades all the bad memories, and now here I am thinking, "Oh, it wasn't bad at ALL! And if Dr. O needs to go back in and adjust anything or take some screws out, I'm sure it won't be that bad!"
Keep hanging in there. I like the new green coloring on Day 6. THAT is something to be proud of! It looks SO bad-ass! Not to mention all the screws and plates in your skull. You've been through a lot.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I can totally see how this is like having a baby. The pain, the recovery, the sleep deprivation. I had a hard time after my 2nd child and I felt much of the same kind of frustration I feel now. But at least then I could eat, and at least now I don't have a baby to care for on top of the pain, frustration and sleep deprivation.

Oh I'm so proud of my green neck. Looks like I was in a bar fight. haha

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Shontelly said...

My gums were white too above my two front teeth. I thought they were ... this is silly...dieing! haha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home