Thursday, March 08, 2007

Day 7



Guess what I had for lunch just now? A soft boiled egg! With salt and pepper! And taste! I blended it with some water and sucked it down with my syringe. I'm now setting my little syringe against the one gap in my teeth. Anything that will fit in that syringe I will eat (in 5 ml swallows). I'm going to get my hubby to hunt down a syringe adaptor for me like Steph used, so I can stick that sucker right back by my molars.

Swelling is gone down on the left side of my chin, but under the nose and my left cheek is still puffy. I can now literally touch and feel my new chin bones. Quite frankly it's freaking me out how much I look like my brother, who always had a rounder jaw line than I did. He thinks it's weird too.

I just want you all to know that in the pictures I have posted I look like crap because a) I just had surgery a week ago, give me a break and b) I'm always right out of the shower with wet hair and no makeup. I can't wait until the swelling goes down and I can get all dolled up (I LOVE makeup and wear it often) and see what I really CAN look like.

Feeling better and better each day. More energy. I didn't have a great sleep last night, but I was up this morning doing laundry and cleaning up around the house. Go me!

My mom called the oral surgeon on call for me and asked if I can stop with the Tylenol/Codeine and start on regular old Advil. I bet the liquid form tastes horrible. But I don't want to be on the codeine anymore and I'm not in enough pain to warrant it.

My stitches ache periodically, and I can see them in there. Ew. I clean my mouth several times a day with salt water, brush several times a day (what I can), and swish twice a day with minty Peridex, but my mouth still feels like...well...ass. I'm wondering if I will be able to brush when Dr. C takes my bands off. Ahhhhh. Heaven.

My teeth are also starting to get sensitive to cold. Good sign, yes? I'm quite numb in my chin area and on the left side of my nose, but other than that I can feel everything. My nose is running constantly now, and I can't blow. My face feels very hot a few times a day too, which I guess is the swelling. I feel like I'm blushing sometimes.

I don't think I've lost as much weight as I thought I would have. I plan to eat, eat eat and gain it all back when I can. Man, it must be awesome to eat solid food after all this.

4 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Hey Rebecca, you continue to look great. I remember the bruise travelling down my neck and chest but it will soon be gone. And soon you will move on to solids. Its funny how after the surgery food becomes and obsession but once you're on the soft chew diet for a while, it becomes easier and then normal. I didn't loose most of my weight until well into the second month on the soft chew so don't expect to lose too soon, but expect to continue to see weight loss even after you start eating again. Your blog entries are great, gives me a sense of deja vu. Mary

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

Ohhhhhhhh, you made me laugh, about the mouth feeling like, well, like ASS! Because my son told me about a week after surgery that my breath smelled like BUTT! (You've seen the Happy Bunny breath mints?) Hey, I wish I could send over my liquid Advil; I've got two extra bottles. It's not so much that it tastes BAD, it's just that it's so sickeningly sweet and it's not concentrated enough. Tablets are much easier.

I just can NOT get over how un-swollen you look! You seem to be recovering nicely. I think getting some food in you will perk you RIGHT up, and you'll be back in mommy rotation soon!

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

http://happybunny.orbitearthstores.com/ttp/Please-enjoy-a-mint-Happy-Bunny-Mints/cPath/17/products_id/84.html

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

I may look unswollen to some people but pre-surgery my face was very long and narrow and it still looks very puffy to me now. Gets better every day though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home