Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Day Before

When something big is happening and I get overwhelmed, I like to write. Yep, I just shut down, not talk much, and write it all out. So expect a lot of bloggin' today and throughout my entire recouperation.

I can't believe it's here already. After almost a year of anticipation, anxiousness, nervousness, and pain, it's here. I'm still a little sick with a tickly throat, but I can breathe through my nose and have no chest congestion, so I think it will be okay.

This year has been an amazing experience for me. I loved the challenge of it all, adjusting to living with braces and learning about my surgery. Every day I have felt so grateful to have this opportunity. I'm glad I wasn't born with a balanced face and good bite because it's been an interesting ride and it will make it all the more special to have a "normal" face in the end. I'll never take it for granted, that's for sure. And it'll be a good story to tell, how once I got my jaws sawed apart. I've learned so much, and made a few new friends in this orthognathic surgery blogging circle. The Yahoo group, and all your blogs, have been invaluable to me. Seriously. If it weren't for you all, I'd be a wreck right now. The support has been amazing.

My surgery will be around 7:30 EST tomorrow morning. I'll be in the hospital until Sunday at least, but as soon as I get home and can sit up at the computer, I will update.

Today, I will make lists, clean, eat a ton, and kiss my hubby and kids a lot. I also expect I will be looking at my face often, as this is the last time I will ever see it like this.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Hi Rebecca, Just wanted to wish you good luck tomorrow with your surgery and your recovery. Any chance you might post a "before" photo? Looking forward to hearing how it all went, Mary

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

I'm just astonished, because your thoughts match mine exactly. EXACTLY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home