Friday, March 23, 2007

3 weeks post-op




As you can see in these pics, I still have swelling on my upper lip area, the space between my nose and upper lip, and in my sinus area. Yet 99% of the swelling has gone down in my lower face. These two things together are why the upper part of my face seems to come out more in the profile pic, and why my nose looks so far out and turned up. Dr. J says when that goes down my lips will fit together even better. I didn't give you a full smile because it still looks so freaking goofy at this point.

I'm feeling great. Wonderful. Last night my sinuses were bugging me but they drained pretty effectively overnight. Yesterday I started getting feeling back on the left side of my chin. I got pins and needles there when I was washing my face. Woo hoo! Left nostril is slowly coming back as well.

I'm a little concerned about my smile. As I said, it looks so weird and goofy. When I smile my nose does this strange stretching thing. I'm afraid it might always look that way. Then again, my upper lip area is still swollen, which I'm sure is contributing to the goofiness.

Waiting for the last of the swelling to go down is a big test in patience, I'll tell ya.

4 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Wow Rebecca! YOu are lookng so good! YOu must be just thrilled eh?

I can see a slight bit of swelling still, but man....it really is amazing how you are healing up so well!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Cindy said...

You look just gorgeous, Rebecca!!!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger J said...

Just don't smile! At all! Don't do it.

lol!! Joking. I hope that improves soon.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger jennifer said...

Hi Rebecca - thanks so much for posting your experiences - it has helped me tremendously. I am 3 weeks post op today - and a hell of a three weeks it was...and I am hopeful that next week when I see the surgeon I get the looser bands so that I can start my soft food diet. Thanks again for educating us all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home