Sunday, March 18, 2007

The joys of soft-chew diet

Grilled cheese sandwiches, peanut butter sandwiches, toast, eggs, tender pieces of chicken breast, fettucine alfredo, apple sauce, oatmeal, pudding, macaroni and cheese, cupcakes...

That's some of what I have eaten in the past two days. I could eat like this forever. *happy sigh*

I'm full all the time now. I eat four times a day, just little meals, and then brush. It's getting easier to "chew" (I put that in quotes because I never really chew, just sort of mush the food around against my teeth and the roof of my mouth and swallow). It takes me about 1/2 hour to eat each time but that's fine by me. I think I've gained about two pounds already. I've only lost about five so it won't be hard to bulk up again.

I think I've figured out partly why I was so cranky and freaking crazy with hunger last week. I'll give you a hint: it starts with "P" and ends with "MS". In any case, I'm not insanely hungry at all anymore.

Yesterday we went to the brand new, huge Wal-Mart and shopped for over an hour. I did get quite tired by the end of it, but shopping at Wal-Mart on a Saturday always makes me tired. I was hoping to run into someone I know who didn't know about the surgery so I could see if they recognized me, but it didn't happen. No one stared at me, even though--as my hubby told me--I look pissed off all the time. Ha ha. I really do. I can't smile comfortably and my face is stiff. Then again, shopping at Wal-Mart on a Saturday always makes me look pissed off.

My teeth look messed up. My top archwire was cut during surgery so my teeth are moving to places they aren't supposed to be. My overbite seems to be back, and I have these huge gaps. I can't wait to go see Dr. J this week and get back on track again. I'm kind of scared of getting an adjustment though because there's so much pushing and yanking involved. That can't be good on a recently broken jaw. Hope they are gentle with me.

Now a shout-out to all my family members who read my blog. I appreciate your support and compliments. Thank you!

3 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the adjustment, hope its not too bad!!

Sara

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Brandyleigh35 said...

Hey Rebecca,
Looking good! Glad to hear the soft food diet is working for you! I'm sure it has got to be a plus to be able to eat normal food again! AND, I'm encouraged by the short amount of time you had to be on a liquid diet. It all seems so much more do-able after reading your story!

Hope things go ok on your adjustment, I could understand how you would be a bit nervous......hopefully it will go ok!

Brandy

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

PROMS? PAMS? PALMS?
Well, glad you're eating. There is nothing finer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home