Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Eggs-cellent

Know what I just had for a snack? A poached egg. Unblended, no-base-added, unadulterated poached egg. I cooked it up, mashed it up, and sucked that baby into my syringe. I got most of it too, though it was mostly yolk. But I did not care. I tasted real egg for the first time in two weeks. It's the little things, isn't it?

It's funny. If someone asked me two weeks ago if I'd eat an egg through a syringe post-op, I'd have laughed at them. I mean, ew. But do not underestimate the power of hunger. I had a love affair with all things food long before this surgery. Eating has always been my favorite thing to do and I knew beforehand that being banded tight for two weeks would be the toughest part of this whole thing. And it has been.

I'm so glad I have rigid fixation and I'm not wired or even splinted. Because in...oh...three days? I get to eat.

Bring. It. On.

3 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

EGGS rock. There is nothing better for hunger. I loved scrambled eggs with cheese and toast, blended with half and half and squirted through a syringe. OH that was yummy and gave me iron and energy.

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Hi Rebecca (do people ever call you Beckie). I remember getting exciting about finding new and yummy things to eat although I was fortunate not to have to use a syringe. Sounds like you are getting creative!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Nooooo, please don't call me Becky. Hate it. I was Becky until I was 18 and went to college and since then I've been Rebecca.

Eggs do indeed rock. In fact, I think I will eat at least one every day for the next few weeks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home