Thursday, March 22, 2007

Weirdness...and more on my favorite topic: food

Today was the first day I left my bands off for 10 hours and I have to say, my jaws were all confused. They have no sense of direction, my jaws. Quite dumb, they are. I was kind of biting like I used to, which doesn't work anymore. I almost gave myself a headache. My teeth don't fit together yet and I have to be patient. I know this. My bottom teeth hurt today. My top teeth probably hurt too but I can't feel it.

Now that the vast majority of swelling has gone down in my chin area, my jawline has become sharper, less rounded. I'll put up pics tomorrow for my 3 week post.

Food. Oh lovely food. I've been eating SO MUCH in the past week. My personal favorites include:

Jello chocolate/vanilla pudding (the kind you refrigerate)
Mott's strawberry applesauce (SO good)
PB&J (smashed down, with extra PB)
Grilled cheese (good ole comfort food)
Kraft Easy Mac
Thick soups
Canned ravioli
Quaker maple and brown sugar oatmeal
Baked potatoes smothered in Becel, salt, pepper and bacon bits (I can swallow dem suckers whole)
Broccoli steamed very soft
Captain Highliner haddock fish sticks (they are super soft), dipped in tartar sauce
Scrambled eggs, soft-boiled eggs, poached eggs (um, I love eggs)
Toast with butter
Soft french fries
Soft hamburger patty cut into tiny pieces
Spaghetti with meat sauce
Frozen Eggo waffles and French Toaster Sticks with margerine and syrup
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (cut into pieces) for a treat

I've found I can open wide enough to actually bite into things now, like a single slice of bread. It's much easier to open my mouth now than it was a few days ago.

I've gained back most of my weight, as you can well imagine with those foods. I miss crunchy things (like potato chips) and thick things (like subs), but I could live off soft-chew diet for a long time. But in 3 more weeks I can resume my normal diet.

How did it happen so fast??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home