Thursday, August 16, 2012

5.5 Years Later

As usual, I am stunned with the amount of views this blog is getting on a daily basis. I'm so glad people are still reading it and I hope it's helping calm some anxiety and fears.

So, 5.5 years later...I'm still wearing my retainers every night. My teeth have not moved at all. Still enjoying decreased migraines, zero jaw pain, and a nice, healthy bite. Still loving my surgically-enhanced chin. Still think this surgery was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Me today:



2 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Lou said...

Your blog was very helpful to me... thank you! I am 50 years old, and just had my lower jaw advanced 11 mm. At 5 weeks out, I am doing great, and I am so glad I did this. All of the great blogs I've read helped enormously, as it was a huge decision at my age. but I can breathe, close my lips, and my bite is great. thank you again for all the information!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Jeremy said...

Thanks for the opportunity to experience what you have been through. It really touches my heart to know that I'm not alone. I have an extreme underbite and of course low self esteem with my smile. As a matter of fact I never smile. Pictures are my enemy. Reading your story almost made me cry because I can feel how happy you were. I am determined to get my braces next year and surgery within the following year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home