Thursday, January 17, 2008

Retainers

I have the clear ones that look like Invisalign. I heard the wire Hawleys are better, but these are fine so far. Up close, my teeth look like they're encased in Saran Wrap, but you wouldn't notice from a distance. They feel okay, not very bothersome. I was expecting a lot worse.

So that's basically it. I go back to Dr. J in April for a recheck. I go to my surgeon Dr. C in a couple of weeks for another recheck, and to discuss shaving excess jaw bone down on my left side, to fix my crooked-face-itis.

Now, on to the joy of retainers. I wear them full-time for 2 weeks, then every night for...well, the rest of my life. I eat a lot due to my consistent low blood sugar, like every 2-3 hours, so this is going to be a pain in the rear. Ah well, I've been through worse, right? Remember those two weeks of not eating at all? I do. Vividly. This is a walk in the park, comparatively.

Hope you're all doing well!

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Say what? said...

hi rebecca, i have no idea about this blogging thing. i just happened to come across this site as i was doing some research because my jaw surgery has been denied. it was approved by 2 insurance companies, but i switched jobs, and the new insurance company denied my "medically necessary jaw surgery" because of my age. (i am 27.) did you run into this at all?

thanks,
angela

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Hi Angela,

No, I don't have any experience with insurance as I am in Canada, and my surgery was free. My province's medicare covered it completely because it was medically necessary. I'm sorry you were denied. :(

Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home