Saturday, June 02, 2007

3 months post-op





That's the only smile pic you're getting, a far away one, because I still don't like my smile very much (though it's getting better) and because my ligatures are all stainy. Yuck.

Well. Three months post-op today. Can hardly believe it!

Not a whole lot has changed since last month. I'm getting a little feeling back in my gums. I notice it when I floss. My teeth don't feel like false teeth anymore. My top teeth are looking great. My bottom teeth, there's that one little stubborn bugger of a tooth that still won't move to where it's supposed to go. Dr. J has been trying to move it for about 6 months now. It must really like it there. My bite is awesome though! Teeth fit together really nicely.

I'm still breaking my bands left and right. I get tired of removing them and putting them back on 1000 times a day. I hope I get to be done with them this month.

I can open my mouth alllll the way and I'm still eating everything with no problems. Totally back to normal in that regard.

A couple of weeks ago I got a headache, the same kind of migrainey thing I used to get before surgery. I can no longer say I am headache-free. But the thing is, I did it to myself. I was tired and had ONE vodka cooler AND ate stuff with nitrites. Bad baaaad idea. I got a headache instantly. BUT it wasn't as bad as pre-surgery headaches. I was hoping for no more headaches at all, but I can live with fewer ones of less intensity.

As for my sinuses, they are doing great. I used to have so many problems with them. The drain much more easily now. I caught a cold last week, my first cold since the surgery, and I noticed my nose got a lot itchier and drier than it used to. It really bothered me. I was squirting saline spray in there like crazy.

I've noticed my nostrils settling down a little. My nose is a little narrower. Not as flared as it was since surgery. But still, I have a little swelling and stiffness around my nose. It's still crooked too. My smile is a tiny bit better. I still don't show enough gum (can you believe I'm saying that after 30 years of showing too much gum?). The thing is, a no-gum smile makes you look kind of OLD. I don't want to look like an old lady when I smile, thank you. I know Dr. C did not move my jaw up that much, so it has to be from swelling.

Well, that's it for this month!

4 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Great pictures Rebecca! You look awesome. When do we get to see the before and after pics????

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are just too gorgeous for words!!!!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

And you're just too sweet for words, Sara. Thank you. :)

Kerrie, not until I get these braces off! LOL

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Wow!!!! Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home