Monday, February 19, 2007

Bad breath?

Okay, I had this thought today. How bad will my breath be after surgery? I can imagine it will be bad between the not brushing all your teeth and the yucky dried blood in your sinuses. Yuck. Does your mouth taste all metallic afterward?

My poor husband has to sleep in the same bed with me and I'm sure I'll knock the poor guy out with my post-op breath. Not to mention anyone else I come into contact with.

I can use a rinse after surgery, right, as long as it doesn't have alcohol? Can I use Oral B minty flouride rinse?


And my Last Supper? Cheeseburger, fries AND pizza! Yay! :D

2 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Hi Rebecca, my surgeon gave me a perscription mouth rinse that was anti-bacterial. I don't really recall having an issue with my breath so much as how gross it felt not to be able to brush completely and not to be able to floss. But the days went quickly and by day 5 I was brusing too. Of course, I didn't have the upper done so I don't know about that part. Mary

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

My son let me know. Jaw-surgery breath smells bad. BAD. I feel sorry for my surgeon, who has to remove my wires and splint tomorrow. Ul! I rinse with warm water after each meal, because it feels good to get the gunk out of my braces. I just now rinsed with peroxide (diluted 50/50 with water) and then rinsed with Tom's Of Maine Spearmint mouthwash--alcohol free, diluted also with water. It is REALLY minty. It's a nice feeling. Not as nice as brushing and flossing will be, but nicer than having a mouth full of soup particles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home