Monday, February 12, 2007

The Miracle of Magnesium and Omega 3

I've been so anxious this month with the surgery coming up, I was about to resort to asking my doctor for some tranquilizers. Then I did some research about natural remedies to anxiety and come up with a whole lot of info on magnesium and magnesium deficiency. Very fascinating stuff. I found out I have many, many symptoms of magnesium deficiency, including migraines, TMJ syndrome, sore neck, heart palpitations, anxiety, insomnia, menstrual cramps, PMS, carb cravings, chocolate cravings, salt cravings, muscle soreness, muscle tension, tension headaches, restlessness, and panic attacks. http://www.mbschachter.com/importance_of_magnesium_to_human.htm Then I read up on omega 3 (EPA) and mood. More intesting stuff.

On Saturday I started taking 300mg of magnesium citrate, and a fish oil capsule called Omega 3 Calm (Jamieson brand), which has 530mg of EPA in each capsule. EPA is a fatty acid that improves your brain function and mental health. Fish oil is also great for your heart.http://www.mcmanweb.com/article-15.htm

I'm on day 3 of these supplements and I feel FANTASTIC. Anxiety has greatly reduced already. I feel peaceful and happy. Believe me, this is no placebo effect or a coincidence. I'm the biggest realist/critic/cynic ever and I used to think supplements were a bunch of bunk and a waste of money. Not anymore. Magnesium is like a muscle relaxer.

I haven't been worrying about my surgery at all lately. I go Wednesday for my pre-surg consult, physical, and Same-Day Admissions Clinic. I'll update then.

1 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Hi Rebecca, great post, I'm going to try your suggestion! Glad you found something that works.
Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home