Sunday, January 07, 2007

Progress

I got the horrible bypass wire off a couple of weeks ago. Yay! It hurt like hell for a few days as my teeth went back into a straighter position though, and my Christmas turkey was hard to chew. That one crooked tooth is still crooked, but the rest of the teeth on the bottom are straight now. My top teeth are straight. No more overbite. Teeth are actually fitting together pretty well, though I still get pain and stiffness. Sooooo...I'm hopeful for that March surgery date.

I'm seeing a 2nd oral surgeon at the end of this month. Dr. P. He is pretty famous here, head of oral surgery at a university. Also, I want a second opinion on what needs to be done to me. This is my face we're talking about here--I need more than one OS's opinion. The staff at Dr. J's office totally understand.

Speaking of Dr. J and his staff, may I take a moment to say how great they are? The week before Christmas, my husband and two children came down with a bad stomach bug the day before I was due to get the horrible bypass wire off. They were all bedridden and sick the day of my appointment, and I wasn't sure if I should cancel or what. That wire was bothering me so much, I could barely stand it. Anyway, I called the office and told the receptionist that I might cancel, that it depended on how my family was feeling. She said no problem and to call them if I needed to cancel. I did end up going, and as I walked into the office, every one of them asked how my kids were doing. Somehow they all knew I had a sick family at home. They took me right in, the moment I arrived, and I got my wire changed and was out of there in 10 minutes flat. I thought that was so thoughful of them to ask about my kids and get me in and out of there as quickly as possbile so I could get back to them.

My next appointment is on the 18th and I plan to do something--anything--about these damn o-rings of mine. They stain like mad. The clear ones stain, the smoke-colored ones stain. I avoid coffee, I don't smoke, I don't eat curry, so what the heck is staining them? I thought about getting blue but if they stain they will turn green, which is worse than yellow. Then I thought of asking to have silver o-rings put on so I won't have to worry about staining at all. Would silver o-rings look really bad on clear brackets? Hmmm. How I wish I could go back in time and get metal brackets on my front top teeth instead of these blasted clear ones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home