Thursday, July 26, 2007

Well on my way to a de-bracing

Saw Dr. J today for an adjustment. Well, his assistant anyway. Dr. J was in a consult. No, I don't have a de-bracing date yet (I wish!), but remember that stubborn little toofer that wouldn't move? Well, over the past 4 or 5 weeks, it has moved. Yay! That was the biggest hurdle we needed to cross. No more loop in the bottom wire...she popped the bracket off the stubborn tooth because it wasn't centered, put a new one on, and now I have a nice, straight wire across the bottom. I'd had that loop thing pulling on that tooth for sooo many months.

Now all they need to do is round out my bottom arch and close a gap on the top. I want to be brace-free by December!

Everything is going well. I'll be 5 months post-op next week, so I will do an official update then.

3 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Roopak Majmudar said...

Congrats on that stubborn tooth finally moving!

Doesn't it suck not knowing when you'll be de-braced? You can see the light at the end of the tunnel but you just can't tell how far away it is. I'll race you to the finish line!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger amycq said...

To be debraced seems like a life-time away right now. But, to know that there are you guys out there who are almost there is so encouraging!!

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Mrs. Shanton said...

Dece-e-e-e-ember. Prime ri-i-i-i-ib. Chrissssssssssstmas. Woo hoo! You'll make it.
Lipstick looks better on straight teeth, doesn't it? I was just noticing, and thought you'd appreciate that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home