Tuesday, October 31, 2006

August 2006--Brace Yourself Again


I have to go to orthodontist appointments every 5 weeks, which is hard because 1) I work Mon-Thurs 8am-5:30pm and Dr. J's office is closed on Fridays 2) His office is a a 30 min drive from here, in downtown traffic and 3) I have two kids that I must drag along with me. But I digress. It must be done.

So in August I went in for a routine wire change and they said I was ready for my bottom braces. Yay! After 3 months in my top braces,
they had accomplished a lot of hard work. My overbite was a lot worse (common occurance when you're in braces in prep for surgery), but my teeth were a lot straighter. There was now lots of room for the bottom brackets. On they went, a breeze like last time. And a hell of a lot uglier! All metal this time. My bottom teeth are really crooked so the braces looked like a metal pretzel. Yuck.

Bottom braces are a lot harder to clean for me. All the food seems to settle in there. Flossing is more difficult. I had some pain the day after again, but not as bad as last time. My mouth is a MESS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home